Sunday 21 September 2014

Quiet weekend

Nicely painted workshop at the corner of my road
It's a rainy weekend in Daloa, and there's not a lot to do besides surf the net in my little house behind the Total station on the road to Abidjan.  That's my actual address - as far as I can tell, here the streets have no name.  I guess now I know what U2 was singing about.

It doesn't feel like a post from me without some mention of Ebola, so here's a link to an educational (?) music video by DJ Lewis, an Ivoirian dj.  The music is "coupé-décalé", a dance genre started by Ivoirian émigrés in Paris and then brought back to become popular here (and not all as weird as this one).  DJ Lewis was on the charts a few years back with a similar hit about bird flu - seems to be a bit of a theme...

1 comment: