Sunday 25 January 2015

Technical difficulties


I spilled water on my computer this week and it's dead, dead, dead. I keep checking, in case, but clearly I'm just in denial. Working my way through the stages of electronics grief...

Here's a picture of the early morning sun through the harmattan haze, over an evangelical church here in Daloa. The sign translates as "miraculously Jesus heals all sick". Sadly for me, Jesus has better things to do than heal my computer. I would have put that in the caption but I had to upload the picture via Flickr because Google, who hosts blogger.com, won't talk to Apple's iPad photo gallery, and I had to paste it in as HTML because the link wasn't recognized either, and I have no idea how to add a caption in HTML.  As a result, now I'm just REALLY ANNOYED!

Anger - that's stage 2 of grief, right? Well, at least there's progress.

I hope things are going equally well for all of you, that your biggest complaint is as relatively insignificant as being reduced to blog from your iPad. And if you, too, are mourning an item of hardware: please accept my heartfelt condolences!

***
CAN 2015 update: Things nearly degenerated at work on Tuesday when the lounge/restaurant was closed due to a kitchen fire (unrelated) and we couldn't watch Côte d'Ivoire's opening match against Guinea. Fortunately there's a tv in the medical center waiting room - disaster averted. Now, after two of three pool-stage matches, Côte d'Ivoire's group D is in a dead heat, with each of the 4 games played so far ending in a 1-1 tie. Will les éléphants make it to the quarter finals? Tune in next week to find out...

Ebola update: We're winning! Ebola is in retreat! Fewest new cases in Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia since August 2014, per the WHO Situation Report - let's not claim victory yet though, like we did in Iraq. Go Medical Workers! Keep up the good work!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I read the same results about Ebola on Twitter. Now if the same could happen for Malaria, hey?
    Maybe we could have a wake for your computer... You have all my sympathy. The same thing happened to me some time back.
    I love the photo and your sense of humour xoxo

    ReplyDelete